This is what the twins room looks like now with their new crib tents. About a week ago I went to get them up after nap and Ethan was straddling the railing of his crib, riding it like a horse. He's been doing that on the climbing toys we have outside, so I'm not too surprised. He was having so much fun that he cried and cried when I took him down. He tried to climb back up into his crib from the outside so he could do it some more, but I didn't let him. We immediately went on a crib tent search and finally found a store that had 2 of them in stock and were able to purchase them before the store closed (on the other side of town) and get them assembled! The twins got to bed an hour and a half late that night, but at least they were safe in their cribs :) They absolutely love their tents and are excited to get in and have me zip it up. Amber doesn't look too thrilled in that picture, it's because she just woke up and wasn't quite ready for the camera. Ethan likes to give me a kiss through the railing now and another perk is that Amber can't throw out her blankie and cry for me to go back in and give it to her. Many people have asked, "why don't you just put them in a toddler bed?" I am still getting up at least once at night with Jack and I am not ready to battle these two (who are fabulous sleepers). Most twin moms will tell you that it is awful when they switch to a toddler bed too early. I can only imagine the chaos with them getting out of their toddler beds and playing/fighting and not going to sleep. I think these tents are a genius invention, and we are keeping the twins in their cribs as long as we can!



Easter morning, they found their baskets and goodies hidden under the kitchen table. They took their Elmo baskets to Grandma and Nonno Menicucci's for an egg hunt.


All of the kids got cute little cow lawn chairs for the yard from Grandma and Nonno.


The whole family at Grandma and Nonno's, and one of me with Hannah. She never lets me take her picture.


I can't believe Jack is 4 months old already! He is always smiling and laughing and talking! Here he is sitting in his Bumbo chair like a big boy watching Amber and Ethan help dad with a puzzle. At his 4 month appointment he weighed in at 14 lbs, 8 oz, which is in the 50th percentile and his height is in the 90th percentile- he is really long and already wears a lot of 6-12 month outfits! We've been given the go-ahead to start some rice cereal too, I'm sure that will generate a post of its own.




5 comments:
Wow! Crib tents! It's like looking into our future :)
oh girl those are fun!! where did you find them? my kids like to PILE every toy and clothing item in grayson's crib (when we have friends over and i'm not looking), but if i could zip it up.... grayson has not yet tried to get out, but its comin'...aislyn NEVER tried, she was 3 when we took her to a toddler bed. :)
I wonder what we'll do with our crazy crib...some bungies and a tarp maybe??? Sally
Hey Gina, I have a blog too! Crib tents, what a good idea. Michele from Mops
Wow! You and Hannah look more and more alike each year. Both beautiful!
Post a Comment