






Somehow I managed to lose a bunch of Amber and Ethan's socks over the last few weeks. They often take them off in the van so I'm picking up socks before I carry them into the house, but lately that's not where we've lost them. Sometimes during nap they'll remove their socks and they'll be stuck underneath the bumper in their cribs, but I've searched and searched and I even looked underneath their cribs.....nothing. Then yesterday I was on mission, I had just bought them each 4 brand new pairs of socks earlier in the week, I went in after nap and they were both sockless, grinning loons. I asked them both what they've been doing with their socks, are they eating them? Amber looks at me and points to her feet and says...."SAH, SAH" (most of her words lack the ending consonant sounds). Yep, Amber, that's where they should be. Ethan is just sitting there grinning and wiggling his toes. I already checked under the crib, but decided for the heck of it to pull away the crib from the wall....and here's what I found. Four pair of missing socks all lined up in a row! I couldn't see them before because the dust ruffle was hiding them. They were both so excited and started clapping when I found them; then I walked over to Amber's crib, pulled it from the wall and same thing, several pair of pink socks all lined up.
So are they talking to each other before nap and conspiring to hide all of their socks together? How weird!? Here are some picture of the fun backpacks with leashes that I picked up from the Albuquerque Mothers of Twins Garage Sale. Amber wanted to wear hers yesterday so she brought it to me to put on. Then she walked over, got Ethan's and carried it to him while saying "Bubba, Bubba, Bubba." She was calling his name trying to get his attention to put his backpack on too! It was really cute. They like running around the house and the two of them find places to hide.
I also included a picture of us trying out the toddler seats in the front of the shopping cart at Walmart. They seemed to like riding like that, but I wouldn't do it by myself that way. If they were getting restless and bored, I'm sure they could wiggle out of those and escape!
Right now I'm 31 weeks along and everything seems to be going fine. My belly isn't too big and uncomfortable...yet. I'm hoping for about 7 more weeks, since I had Hannah early at 38 and the twins came at 36-37.
2 comments:
Hilarious Gina! I especially liked the description about the grinning loons. :) You look great too! That belly is really coming along. It's hard to believe that in just a few weeks there will be a new baby in the house! Take care and I'll be in touch.
um... yea, i found TWENTY FIVE socks behind grayson's crib a few months ago. i learned that that is where he puts them. and they build up quickly because i put them on his hands and feet for each nap and at night, so that's 12 socks a day. i mean, what the heck. he still does it. very proudly. so every day i have to pull back the crib and rescue the missing socks.
Post a Comment