The Menicucci Family, life with 6!

Friday, October 3, 2008

Time Outs

We've recently began implementing time outs at our house. Here is a picture of Brian giving one to Amber after repeatedly stealing a toy from Ethan. She doesn't really care, she just sits there all stubborn and sticks her thumb in her mouth. Then after literally 3.5 seconds Brian goes up to her and tries to explain to her why she was in time out and gives her a big hug. In my opinion, he jumps to the hug part a little too quickly....it's like he wants her to forget that he just scolded her and put her in a time out. He swears he's doing it just like the Supernanny would. Ha. She had pig tails in her hair for the first time and we think it really enhances her overall spunky attitude.





Here is a picture of Ethan tormenting the cat, according to Brian this is "normal boy behavior" that we need to foster in him and is not worthy of a time out! I'm not sure I agree. I normally rescue Colors and put her in Hannah's room when Ethan gets in his chasing/tormenting moods. Overall, Ethan will probably never earn as many time outs as Amber, he is mostly a pretty sweet little boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is funny with brian- i think you may be just a little hard on poor sweet amber jk. she looks like a handful. so brian admits to watching super nanny!!! her hair looks really cute in pigtails. i bet hannah gets upset with ethan playing with colors. but wasn't ethan the fussy one and amber the sweet one when they were younger? love jackie

SJLifephotos said...

Okay I have to say that is hysterical because David is the exact same way. Guys want to be chums with their boys but protect their girls. However, David tends to be real easy going with Abi because she has him wrapped around her finger.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina;
I am VERY concerned about Brian's response. I recently saw an episode of Nanny 911 where a parent did that and the child ended up in a juvenile detention facility. Tell him to take care of it now. The pain will be far less than when his baby is behind bars.
Lovingly,
Laura